We are currently CLOSED TO SUBMISSIONS for our inaugural issue. Have a read below of our submission guidelines if you’re interested…
CURRENT THEME: MISTRANSLATIONS
Sparkling Tongue Press seeks work that explores the intersection of visual poetry and multilingualism. We take a very broad understanding of these two concepts and acknowledge that the work of different poets/artists working at or near this intersection may look completely different (this is why we love it!).
Remember that the theme is merely a prompt!
Guidelines for our submission process:
- Your email should contain ‘SUBMISSION – [Current theme] – [Your Name]
- Submit 1-3 poems/pages as a PDF/JPEG format. Alternative formats may be requested if your work is accepted.
- Please include a brief introduction about yourself. It doesn’t need to be very formal, we’d just like to know why you’re submitting.
- Please also submit a brief description of how you feel your work meets the theme.
If you are successful…
- We will require a description of your process, your journey, or something that inspired you to accompany your work. It does not need to be long, around 100 words is fine (but you can make it longer!).
- Please proofread your work, but submissions will not be disregarded because of typos. If there are any purposeful typos in your work, just let us know. 🙂 We like that!
- Please only submit unpublished work.
- We will request an author bio to go in the online magazine.
Notes to contributors:
- Sparkling Tongue Press does not currently offer payment to its contributors, but we hope to in the future.
- Only submit unpublished work.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted but please inform us if your work is accepted elsewhere so we can congratulate you.
- The author retains the copyrights. We just ask if your piece gets published elsewhere to please credit Sparkling Tongue Press as its first home.
- You must be the author of the work you submit. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
- Sparkling Tongue Press opposes censorship and we want people to be able to express themselves freely. However, work that encourages violence or hatred will be deleted without a response.
- Submissions deliberately ignoring the above guidelines will be deleted without a response.
If you have any questions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, use our contact form, or reach out on social media.
We aim to get back on all submissions after the closing date within eight weeks.
UPDATE: If you are yet to receive a response and sent your submission to one of our alias emails, please resent it to: email@example.com. More info on this on our blog post.